Thursday, August 25, 2011

Charles Shultz is my hero!


Have you ever heard the song “College Kids” by Relient K?  If not, you should. 


The more I listen to it, the more I think it’s the story of adulthood for Charlie Brown.  Granted he’s changed a bit, I don’t think he was that into Dave Matthews Band as a kid, but that doesn’t typically happen until you’re a moody teenager anyway. 

The little red haired girl he was always fawning over totally fits the “girlfriend at another school” bit.  Thinking she’s cute because of her naturally curly hair…  Psht!

Sorry.  I got a little carried away. 

But you see it right?  I mean, even the “party scene is kinda mean, I think it’s sick and twisted” line.  It’s almost as if you’re there watching Lucy steal the metaphorical football from him again.

Anywho, the reason behind today’s post is to show you the miniature Charlie Brown and Peppermint Patty (who I’m not even going to start on because we all know full well she’s a couple cookies short of a box) I made out of candy clay and caramel.



For those of you wondering, they’re each about the size of a D battery… sorry, that’s all I had close by for quick comparison.  I know, I know: "good grief".


Have a sweet Thursday day everyone!

1 comment:

In the immortal words of Fabolous, feel free to "holla back". :)