Wednesday, August 24, 2011

We Are Faaaa-mily!

Have you ever gone back and read your old diary entries?  Not those dissertation length blind date recaps you’re keeping to stave off future lonely nights of sitting at home thinking “well, maybe I was too harsh, I mean, so he wears whitey-tighties on the outside of his pants… it isn’t that bad.” 

By the way, if you're an adult who seriously thinks dating Captain Underpants is okay, it really is that bad.

 What I’m talking about are the “OMG, my parents are so dumb.  Who cares that I’m only 13?  I am so in love with him, I just know we are totally getting married!” or maybe the “She’s like, so disgusting, but she’s my best friend so like, I can’t tell her to her face".

Ugh.

I flipped through the pages of one of mine today.   All I could think, after the nausea of my pathetic youth subsided of course, was why on earth did my parents not leave me on the side of the road somewhere?  Honestly, kudos to them, because I was a piece of work.

That’s not to say that I’m totally free of oddities, but one of few luxuries granted in adulthood is that I now get to classify them as “quirks”.  So the fact that I have an abnormally large number of nightmares concerning pod-like public restrooms is not actually because I’m crazy, it’s simply one of my cute little quirks… either that or a symptom of watching too many murder mystery shows.


Anyways, in honor of my lovely parents keeping me, I decided to post this:


This was part of the birthday cake I made for my amazing dad.  
I found the picture of the two of us and decided to recreate it using only chocolate (the fact that I hadn't tried anything like that before = minor detail). 

Long story short, the picture on the left is my chocolate painted version - which, if I may say so myself, is pretty much the yummiest kind of painting you can do. :)

Have a Wonderfully Sweet Wednesday Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

In the immortal words of Fabolous, feel free to "holla back". :)