Monday, June 20, 2011

It's cheesy, but I like it!

Say what you will, but I'm a HUGE fan of horribly cheesy pick-up lines.
You know the ones I'm talking about, stuff like:

  • Do you have a map?   I just keep getting lost in your eyes.
  • I lost my phone number, can I have yours?
  • Is there an airport nearby or is that just my heart taking off?
  • Your eyes are like puddles of mud... and I'm stuck in 'em.

Pure awesome-ness right?  I mean, you have to give a person credit for either a.) coming up with the pick-up line themselves, or b.) spending the time to look one up.  

I say this with a bit of a caveat though.  The lines can't be nasty innuendos.  

When practicing l'art de les pick-up lines, you need to channel a nice Colby-Jack, not a smelly Limburger.




So... you're probably wondering what this has to do with today's post?  

Well at first glance, not a whole lot really, but with my 6 Degrees of Kevin Bacon Phenom thought process, I can connect the two for ya.  Check it out:

From
1.  (Good) Pick-up lines to...
2.  Dating to...
3.  Proposals to...
4.  Marriage to...
5.  Wedding cakes to...
6.  Miniature wedding cakes!  

BAM!!!  You might wanna mark down this moment, 'cuz you just witnessed greatness!



Okay.  Here are the pictures of my first ever attempt at miniature wedding cakes.



Decorated with handmade candy clay stripes and flowers.


The pepper shaker is just to illustrate size.  I don't normally season my cakes with it.




Have a Nice & Cheesy Monday Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

In the immortal words of Fabolous, feel free to "holla back". :)