Tuesday, April 5, 2011

"Is this chicken, what I have, or is this fish? I know it's tuna, but it says 'Chicken of the Sea.' "

I'm having a bit of a shaky day today.  Not that that's anything out of the ordinary for me being as I look like I'm doing the twist with my hands majority of the time.  Today's added a special kind of shake to my normal routine though because I'm nervous.  

I'm having my first cake decorating class tonight.
I know.  How I can be Ms. Shaky McGee and decorate cakes and mini treats is a mystery to me too.

I keep having people tell me the obvious things you say to folks who are nervous, but I know what they're really thinking... "try your best, but if you choke, at least I won't be there to watch it miserably unfold."  
You know it's true.  It's like watching someone who can't sing trying to screech, I mean sing, karaoke.  You want to root for them, but
it
is
painful. 
I always feel this horrible need to run up, put a blanket over them and hop 'em over my shoulder as I continue running towards safer ground, aka the exit.

At least they have courage though right?  I mean, maybe sometimes, even blind courage is better than none at all.  And in the grand scheme of things, crappy karaoke (seems like an oxymoron) or skiddish cake decorating are pretty small potatoes.


So, I'm determined to "go all in" and really celebrate today's obscure holiday:  
Go For Broke Day
Hence my sweet mini treat...
So this guy is playing craps.  He's made of fondant, a nilla wafer and caramel.  His chips are made of hot tamales.  His die are made of fondant and actually both landed on 6's.  The puller thing (technical term of course) is caramel and the red sprinkles are supposed to represent the markings on the craps table.

Have a Courageous Tuesday Everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I'd love to be in your class if I could! I think it would be so much fun! Good luck, you'll be great. How could anyone not enjoy learning how to make sweet things? If you were teaching a class on septic systems, then I'd be worried about no one having fun. But cakes? Yahoo! - G
    PS. - I taught one of my nieces the phrase "Party in Your Mouth" and she thought it was the funniest expression she had everheard(she's 3). She had just taken a sip of my Orangina and she described the bubbles as all "sparkly!" Then I said, "like a party in your mouth!" and she cracked up at that. :)

    ReplyDelete

In the immortal words of Fabolous, feel free to "holla back". :)