Tuesday, March 29, 2011

"Sorry Johnny, I don't have a dime."

Happy Smoke and Mirrors Day!
Deciding on what sweet treat to make in honor of this glorious occasion took a bit of thought, but in the end, I think the result was pretty fatasmic! :)  Yeah, I just said "fantasmic"... awesome word choice right?  
Whatever, at least I didn't say it was "totally boss".
Did anyone actually say that in the 80s?
Being as I was 5 when that decade ended, I've sadly only had the pleasure of hearing the phrase used in movies.  While we're on the subject of movies, if you've never seen "Better Off Dead" with the wonderful John Cusack, you need to rent it. 
Like now.
I'll wait.
















It blew your mind right?  I know, it's mixed up crazy ways just have a way of making your heart happy.
Sorry, I told you, I've got 6 Degrees of Kevin Bacon Phenom thought patterns... hmmm... Kevin Bacon's in "Footloose", another 80s movie.
Didn't really care much for that one though.

Anyway, back to Smoke and Mirrors Day.
I decided I

1.) Needed to make something "fantasmic".  (HA!)
2.) Needed to use some of my never ending supply of mangoes to make my something "fantasmic"  (double HA!)
3.) Needed to do something I had never done before and make it, you guessed it, FAN-FREAKING-TASMIC!  (Okay, I've had my fun.)

So I made creamy mango souffles!


Oh my gosh so yummy!
Here's the recipe I found, tinkered with and used if you're interested:

INGREDIENTS
1 mango
1/4 cup sugar
2 egg yolks
2 egg whites
1/2 cup sifted confectioner's sugar

1. Preheat oven to 375.  Butter four ramekins.
2.  Peel mango.  Dice mango.  Remove pit from mango.  Puree mango innerds. :)
2.  Transfer pureed mango innerds to mixing bowl.  Add sugar.  Whisk.
3.  Add egg yolks and whisk some more.
4.  In a separate bowl, whisk egg whites until soft peaks form.  Gradually add sifted confectioner's sugar and continue whisking until mixture becomes thick and fluffy.
You might say you're whisking you're life away.  HA!
5. Fold egg white mixture into pureed mango innerds mixture.  Fold until entire mixture becomes a light yellow color.  
6.  Pour into prepared ramekins.
7.  Bake for 12-15 minutes.
8. EAT NOW!  
Seriously though, you have to serve them quickly or they'll deflate.

*WARNING!  These are cRaZy sweet, so just a little dab 'il do ya.*


Happy Tuesday everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment

In the immortal words of Fabolous, feel free to "holla back". :)